If you have strong governance experience, an understanding of national horticulture issues and a passion for plant biosecurity, agriculture and the environment, you may find this a richly rewarding opportunity.
The National Fruit Fly Council (NFFC) is currently seeking expressions of interest from people who would like to join their dedicated Board in the role of Chairperson.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Chair the NFFC meetings efficiently, effectively and inclusively in a way that encourages decisions and progress towards successfully implementing the NFFC project and National Fruit Fly Strategy. The entire NFFC meets twice annually, along with quarterly meetings of the NFFC executive.
- Have an appreciation of the NFFC objectives and achievements and the importance of the national fruit fly system in Australia with an understanding of government – industry partnerships.
- Liaise with Manager NFFC and other PHA staff on meeting agendas.
- Promote the objectives and achievements of the NFFC through their networks.
- The Chair does not have any special decision-making powers
- Exercise good governance, acting honestly and in good faith, declaring any Conflicts of Interest (see below) and ensuring members follow governance obligations.
- Allow fair and open discussion of matters which closely follow the meeting agenda.
- Be inclusive, enabling opinions to be heard from all members.
- Influential communicator – and ability to lead without an authorising environment.
- Exceptional ability to cultivate productive relationships.
- Exemplary personal drive and integrity.
- Ability to attend/meet all NFFC Chair requirements.
- Demonstrated experience at Chairing national bodies in agriculture, agribusiness, biosecurity, or other relevant plant industries fields.
- Strong working knowledge of either the Australian fruit fly system, or national issues in horticultural, or the ability to rapidly gain this knowledge.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a letter supporting your application to Dr Mila Bristow email@example.com before COB Tuesday 31 January 2023. Applications are welcome from all locations within Australia.